Welcome . . to Our Lady of Lourdes † St. Anne . . .
Each year priests are required to make a week spiritual retreat. We do this not only for ourselves, but for all the people with whom we minister. The annual retreat is a time for focusing on our own personal relationship with God through Jesus Christ. In the day-to-day rush of leading worship, preparing homilies, ministering to people individually, and administering the finances and personnel of cluster and school, it can sometimes be a challenge to attend to one’s own spiritual needs. Thus the annual retreat is for me a blessing not only personally, but also in helping me better serve others. Continued >
HELP RCIA next year! Here's an opportunity to make a difference: Be an RCIA CORE group member to help guide people interested in learning about the Catholic faith (hospitality, greet at the door, put out handouts or snacks, be present at some sessions as your schedule allows, etc), or be a sponsor, presence at the Rites at Mass, planning, publicity (take photos, do posters or bulletins updates of what topic is next). Some people have voiced interest to help now is the &me to consider this for next year's ministry. Please contact: LorriSheck@aol.com (461-4183), Nancy.DeRycke@dor.org (473-9656); Diane, DMHerrick@rochester.rr.com, for info.
Baptism in Your Future?
Baptism Prep for Parents. If you are considering Baptism for your little one between June and next autumn, we ask every parent and God parent, if local, to plan on coming.
Please contact Nancy.DeRycke@dor.org for the form to fill out now before you come, and get more details. You can find it on the back of any weekend cluster bulletin. We are delighted to have active parishioners celebrate this special sacrament of belonging.
Lend A Hand
• Like to decorate? Lourdes needs a few folks to decorate for various seasons or to bring flowers in for weekend Mass during summer months.
• Liturgy Committee is seeking folks who appreciate Mass and celebrations of various church seasons. They meet once monthly to ensure quality Liturgies. See Fr. Tyman or Nancy soon.
• St. Anne Novena, July 17-26, needs folks to help welcome people each eve, take up a collection, and to read. Sign up at church entrances.
• Lourdes needs folks to bring flowers for the Altar on weekends and/or help clean church on a rotating basis.
• Lourdes still needs folks to adopt a flower pot - plant flowers and tend during summer months out side church.