Following is a partial list of the ministries that the Catholic Ministries Appeal helps:
• Priest-chaplains minister to Strong Memorial, Highland Hospitals and Monroe Community Hospital.
• Campus ministries help those on our college campuses.
• Jail ministries help those incarcerated turn their lives around, so when they are released they do not repeat their crimes.
• The Catholic Family Center in Monroe County and the Catholic Charities offices in the other counties offer a range of services to the poor, to refugees and to the under-served.
• Some CMA monies help to support the infrastructure of the Catholic Church in our twelve counties.
• The Human Resources Office helps to guide us on observing governmental employment regulations, advertising for hiring, and guide us regarding personnel difficulties.
• The Diocesan Finance Office oversees audits to guard against fraud and assure all laws are followed.
• The Catholic Schools Office oversees the nineteen parish and diocesan schools to provide guidance on curriculum and educational standards, on NYS education law advice, to mentor principals, and to help promote the message of the value of Catholic education.
• The Buildings & Properties Director helps us with advice on major repairs to buildings.
• The Risk Manager guides us on keeping our people and properties safe.
• The CMA funds seminary training of future priests. Often men who are considering a vocation to the priesthood already have significant college debt.
This is a partial description, meant to give you an idea of the scope and the kinds of things supported by your contribution to the CMA. If you have already sent in your pledge, thank you! If you have not yet returned your pledge, please prayerfully consider your support of Catholic ministry in our community.
Grace and peace – Fr. Gary Tyman